Monkey Tree Holiday Park Access Statement
Our statement aims to describe to our customers the standards of access available throughout the Park.
We offer telephone, fax, email and postal correspondence and our Reception Team are more than happy to accept calls through the TextDirect and TypeTalk services.
We do not have wheelchairs for hire at the Park, but Wheelchairs can be arranged well in advance from Tremorvah Industries: Unit 8, Threemilestone Industrial Estate, Truro, TR4 9LD. Telephone: 01872 324340 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always happy to discuss accessibility or facilities in detail over the phone, please just telephone our friendly Reception Team.
Accommodation: One of our Towan holiday homes offers Wheelchair-Friendly Holiday accommodation
The Towan Holiday Home at Monkey Tree Holiday Park offers spacious self-catering caravan accommodation for up to six guests in one double, one twin and one pullout sofa in the living area.
This is currently our only Wheelchair Friendly Holiday Home, putting it in high demand. It has been carefully created to accommodate the needs of users with limited mobility. Special consideration has been given to providing easy access and excellent facilities for wheelchair users throughout this leisure home. Wide sliding doors, open spaces and uncluttered design are key to creating a functional but stylish environment for everybody to enjoy.
The bedrooms are spacious with ample storage and full accessibility. The main bedroom has been fitted with moveable trapeze lift handles over the beds as a lifting aid. Every effort has been made to provide the utmost practicality and functionality to the shower room. The recessed entry level shower tray, folding seat, support bars and grab rails offer all the reassurance necessary without any compromise on style.
The kitchen is well-equipped with full-size oven & hob, range of kitchen equipment and utensils, microwave oven, spacious work surfaces and storage, under-counter fridge and separate dining area.
You will also have adjoining parking.
The majority of our other holiday homes are not wheelchair accessible due to entry steps.
- Parking is permitted on each type of touring/camping pitch
- Staff can advise on suitability of pitches depending on requirements at the time of booking
- Disabled access toilets are available – some are access via a radar key.
- We do not recommend Fir Field for wheelchair users or guests with a hearing or site impairment as this field is a further distance away from the facilities.
All of our buildings are single-storey with no stairs or lifts. (The summer nights bar has steps leading up to the bar itself)
- Parking is available next to the Reception entrance.
- Entrance is via an extra wide door.
- Reception is level throughout with a disabled toilet facility.
- There is a level access and wide entrance door to the shop and the aisles are wide enough for wheelchair access throughout. The shelves are stacked from floor level to head height and assistance is available on request.
Summer Nights Bar and Seating Area
- There is a level access to the summer nights seating area, and there are steps leading up to the bar itself. Assistance is available on request.
- There is a level access to the seating area and bar with wide entrance doors
- The main clubhouse has a disabled toilet facility
Indoor Play Area
- Has a level access and ramp at one entrance with wide doors.
- Has a level access with wide doors and full accessibility once inside
- The Park is 56 acres and is mostly flat (with some speed bumps for traffic control) and all of the facilities within the main areas have flat access and wide doors, with the exception of the launderette which has a standard width door.
- The Central Village area with kids play zone is tarmacked and flat
- The main roads throughout the site and public areas are surfaced with tarmac, except Fir Field which is not suitable for Wheelchairs.
- The Park is well signposted
- The Park is illuminated at night by energy efficient lighting along the main communal areas.
- In addition to the bar and Reception disabled toilets we have two disabled toilet blocks on site which are accessible using a Radar Key.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are accepted in all areas
- Assistance dogs on camping pitches are free of charge
- We make a charge for guide dogs when booking a Holliday Home to cover the cost of cleaning – this charge is half our usual dog rate.
- We can accept delivery of oxygen prior to arrival if requested
- We are happy to keep medication in a safe place if and when required
- Bus: A bus timetable can be collected from Reception and the nearest bus stop is located at The Braefel Pub (0.25 mile)
- Train: The nearest train station is Newquay (4 miles) but this is a branch line with a limited service. The nearest mainline station is Truro (10 miles)
- Plane: The nearest airport is Newquay Cornwall Airport (15 miles)
- Taxi: A2b Taxi’s are recommended: 01637 877777
If assistance is required please do not hesitate to contact Reception. While staying at The Park, if you need out-of-hours assistance, please contact a member of security by calling the overnight telephone number.