May is the time of year when beautiful bluebells show themselves after months of hibernation throughout the cold Winter.
Finally they show themselves, carpeting the woodlands around Cornwall, offering a light scent and deep colour that spreads among the ancient trees and throughout the hedgerows.
They grow abundantly in the wild but there are also some stunning public gardens where you can go and immerse your senses in the beauty of bluebells!
Top bluebell spots around Cornwall:
- Glendurgan Gardens, near Falmouth
- Godolphin Cross, near Helston
- Lanydrock House, near Bodmin
- Trelissick, near Truro
- Tehidy country park, near Camborne
- Carnglaze Caverns, near Liskeard
Feeling blue? Follow the woodland walks around Cornwall and take in the simple beauty of the bluebells before they go back to sleep until next Spring.