In a recent BBC poll, Cornwall was voted the nation’s favourite holiday destination, and with so many beautiful places to visit and activities to explore, it’s not hard to see why. Here are some of our favourite things to do in the beautiful county of Cornwall.
10. Eden Project – the eighth wonder of the world, the Eden Project near St Austell boasts the largest rainforest in captivity with plenty of steamy jungles and waterfalls to explore. Your senses will be overwhelmed with the sights, sounds and smells of the biomes – you’ll need a head for heights on the rainforest walkway among the treetops.
9. Perranporth beach – three miles of glorious sand, Perranporth beach is one of Cornwall’s most breath-taking beaches. Located on the rugged north Cornwall coast, it offers clear waters, spectacular cliff walks and excellent surf conditions. It’s also just minutes from Monkey Tree Holiday Park, making it a big hit with guests.
8. Flambards Theme Park – located near Helston in West Cornwall, Falmbards has something for everyone, whatever the weather. Big rides, children’s play zone, indoor soft play, the Victorian village exhibition, and hands-on science activities make Flambards a must-visit for any family.
7. Lanhydrock Country House & Gardens – get a glimpse into the reality of Victorian Britain in this stunning 18th Century estate. Take a peek at life below stairs in the servants’ quarters and explore the luxurious family areas, bedrooms and dining rooms.
6. Newquay Activity Centre – feel the buzz of adrenaline with an action-packed session on Newquay’s Fistral Beach with Newquay Activity Centre. Catch your first wave with a bodyboard or surfing lesson, or get active with an exciting coasteering session.
5. Dairyland – immerse yourself in the world of Boris and Bull and Dazy the cow with farm fun, play areas, pony rides, exhibitions, mini tractors and nature trails. The park also includes an indoor play area, giving you plenty to do, whatever the weather.
4. Minack Theatre – you haven’t been to the theatre until you’ve been to The Minack. Throw a picnic rug in the car, pack a Cornish pasty, strawberries, clotted cream and champagne and take in a show overlooking the drama of the rugged Cornish coast.
3. Fifteen Cornwall – experience Fifteen Cornwall’s award-winning Italian cuisine with a Cornish twist. The celebrity chef’s Cornwall restaurant overlooks the beautiful Atlantic ocean and Watergate Bay, offering priceless views, atmosphere and memories.
2. St Michael’s Mount – stroll across the Giant’s Causeway at low tide to reach the mystical island of St Michael’s Mount. Tour the castle, wander around the gardens, scale the fairytale turrets and enjoy a fresh cream tea overlooking the bay before catching the regular boat back to the mainland. A must-see adventure.
1. Monkey Tree Holiday Park – a top ten list for things to do in Cornwall wouldn’t be complete without an award-winning holiday park – Monkey Tree offers a wide range of accommodation options, whether you’re looking for a comfortable fully-fitted mobile home or a night under canvas, and you’ll be spoilt for choice with excellent facilities and onpark activities.
There is no better place than Cornwall to make memories, share experiences with your favourite people, and enjoy each other’s company. What are your favourite places to visit? Share on the Facebook page.